4th axis wiring

This may help you out…

1 Like

OMG that worked. I couldn’t jet it in but I used the jog arrows and they spun the axis. Thank you so much. Now I need to see if I can set the joy stick to work.

I’m going to do a simple project that just cuts a circular indentation into a rod to see what happens.

Thanks again for all your help Aiph5u, TMToronto, and Roger.

2 Likes

Got the joystick working and did a quick manual cut with it. So excited and appreciative guys. Your help was great. Next to design a file in VCarve and try it out. Tomorrow.

1 Like

Happy you got it working - well done for not giving up.

1 Like

I’m Cajun. we don’t know what quit means.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t not understand, what was the issue? How did you solve the problem?

No you have to use A movement which is the left and right on the z axis stick. It is no longer the Y axis it is the A axis.

1 Like

The picture may explain. I was trying to test my 4th axis and it would not move. It turns out I had wired it incorrectly. It is important that the A+/- and B+/- are matched when splicing. I was going by color which was wrong. When I hooked up the wiring correctly my 4th axis turned both ways. The second thing was my joy stick was not working but after it was wired correctly all three axis’ worked. X, Z, and A.

Many thanks for your reply and the picture! I will hook up my Rotary as soon as the extension cable comes.

That was actually the only thing I was not sure of, on how to connect the cables of the 1FCNC and the Nema stepper motor.