7" Controller vs Larger Touch Screen Monitor

Your configuration should work. I almost went down that path but elected to stay with the touch screen. I do connect to my machine remotely where I use the keyboard and mouse so it’s the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Can I ask how wide are the MDF spoil board slates on your table?

@Ken - I went the same route with the ASUS VT168H. I’ve got a spare Logitech K410 wireless keyboard if I need to input more info.

Like @Hermsen.BJ asked, is it possible to effectively go “headless” and only connect to http://onefinity.local ?

I realize there are wifi signal concerns, but I’m thinking of just using an old ipad to act as my screen.

Here’s a video on using it “headless”

3 Likes

The two in the center are 8" and the two outside are 7 1/4". I elected to have the larger pieces in the center for greater holding with painters tape and CA glue.

Thank you. I am still trying to decide how many slats I am going to use and see what works best for me.

@Ken can I ask how high is your vacuum boom? From the table to the top?

@AndrewBrown Any time. The height is 36" with the arm (horizontal) at 30." I used standard 1/2" galvanized pipe.

I plan on enclosing the unit at some point but I find with the vacuum running it collects a good portion of the sawdust.

1 Like

I was between three with the largest in the center but felt with the extra width I gave up more hold downs with the t-track. I also used painters tape and CA glue to hold down the waste board slats. It’s been working very well for the last couple of months.

I’ve seen that technique and will be trying it. I think I will try to marry several types (t-tracks, bench dogs, t-nuts, tape/CA glue). Just starting out and sometimes experimentation leads you to realize, others have done it too, and you should listen to advice, but I like to experiment and learn first hand, if that makes sense.

1 Like

How did you mount the monitor?

I mounted a 1/2 in copper pipe then build my own mount. I wanted it to share the same space as the light on corner of the table. Essentially, used what I had in the shop. :slight_smile:

Thanks Mike I purchased the 15.6"

1 Like

I have the same screen/keyboard and 1f joystick, but when I boot up the controller I lose my internet service on my stand alone laptop. I have an extender in my shop with the signal coming from my router in my house.Any idea why ? Thanks if you can help.

There are two things I can’t tell you much about, Windows Networking, and what Women are thinking.

4 Likes

I have a Netgear Orbi mesh router for my wifi - and have a remote unit inside the shop. It’s a little more expensive than a plain extender - but works great. I especially like that it keeps the same SID across both 2.2 and 5 GHz bands, and keeps it the same across the 3 devices I have spread out across the house and the shop.

With the controller off, I would pull up a wifi strength app on your phone and see what it says. Then watch what happens as the controller is started. Also, make sure the OneFinity is set to use the same SID as the laptop.

I wouldn’t think the 1F would kill the wifi signal between your router and the laptop - it doesn’t seem that noisy. But in my configuration I use the laptop at a spot that is in-between my extender and the 1F - is your 1F between the laptop and the extender?

It is in the same shop 15 ft away
No walls. I ll check the signal strength. Thx

Yep that seems to be it. I moved my extender behind another wall and i can use my internet with the controller on the 1F. To much interference.

Great - I’m glad you found a configuration that works for you!