About the Feature Requests category

We care about what you want! Let us know what features and accessories you want here.

3 Likes

I would like a 4th Rotary Axis Accessory!

8 Likes

I would like the option to download via cloud storage Specifically Google Drive, or Dropbox.

1 Like

Need way to save offsets and reload them, by file name. if you hit soft reset and clear, it is a little work to get back to where you were. i use fences to location, so my x/y keep the same zero most of the time. and if iā€™m cutting the same material all 3 stay the same. if i restart, estop, i lose the offsets.

6 Likes

Profiles! I have an IoT power controller on my Makita router, but I also have a JTech laser. These both use the same Tool profile, but with differences.

It would be great to be able to create my own Tool profile, and name it something meaningful to me.

Also, Dropbox!

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a 4th axis with an option for a simple to instal ATC (automatic tool changer). ATCā€™s donā€™t have to be large OR expensive, but for some reason they are. I love the simplicity of Onefinity and to see what you do with an affordable 4th axis and ATC option would be great.

I would love the option to select the new Jtech 14W model with air assist from your website.

Thanks!

I would like to see metal pins that connect the Y rails to the X. The pins Iā€™m referring to would be alignment pins that line up the 2 Y rails with the X in near perfect alignment. Really simple to do, have a 1/4 metal dowel pins in the tops of the Y in the forward and aft positions that mate with the X rail so they are perfectly 90 deg apart.

1 Like

I would like to see the Max-Deviation setting and the bit diameter setting be ā€˜stickyā€™ - in other words, they stay what you set them at until you change them. Currently, the Max-Deviation setting needs to be set every time you start up if you are running anything other than default. The probe always asks for the diameter, and itā€™s never what you set on the prior probe.

A 1F Spindle kit, plug and play

1 Like

I would like to see the macros added and a 4th rotary axis if possible.

1 Like

Lack of macros is a pretty shocking omission coming from experience with other platforms.

Other things that I took for granted would be in every control interface and now miss:

• Boundary ā€œair cutā€ path to sanity-check your gcode and clamping (sometimes possible if you have macros)
  • Edit a coordinate position field to go to an entered coordinate. Not incrementally jog to itā€¦ enter it precisely with a keyboard and go to directly to it.
  • Better file management

I would love to see a Machinist version of the new Onefinity Elite. Not all of us have a large space for this and only Machinist version would work for me (space and usage).
Thanks for considering this.

1 Like

I second this idea. I would love to have a small elite machinist version that I could dedicate to metal work.

On the BB based controller, it would be great if the g-code selection ā€œdropdown file listā€ would operate like the file upload button. That is to act like a normal popup window that allows folders with file nesting. This would make keeping files on the onefinity MUCH better organized.

On the BB based controller, it would be most useful to be able to ā€œprobeā€ from all sides of the probe block, minimally from the front and left sides.

Iā€™d like for the BB based controller to recognize when my spindle reports the ā€œSpeedā€ at 90-95% of g-code requested speed, then continue the g-code instead of the popup to ā€œClick when at speedā€. Or an option for an input trigger for this as Iā€™ve set my VFD to trigger my IOT (previously used on my router) to automate my dust collector at approximately 90% of requested spindle speed.

The ability to directly connect to the Lightburn software to operate the machine. It would make lining up reusable templates sooo much quicker.