Adjusting the bit height

Can someone help me adjust the bit height? I’m having issues with my bit dragging across my project when returning home. I just replaced my controller and I can’t remember where I made this change for the life of me.

if you are using vcarve aspire etc you have a setting in the toolpath to set your z and xy position for rapid moves. expand your tool path tab and at the top you will see material set up this is where you set the clear and home position etc

It’s not that setting. It’s a setting that is adjusted on the interface/controller. I can’t remember if was a timing setting or a height setting. (I think it was height).

I’m cutting several trays at a time and the bit is dragging across the top to the next tray.

not sure still new to the game. i dont change nothing in the interface as Ive not had the need to so far except the part to connect to the controller via wifi. I have seen there is a reset control to default though and a back up option but id be careful there
Good luck someone here knows I bet. Have you contacted onefinity support ? I am sure they can help you out on this

Thanks for trying. I haven’t reach out to 1F yet. I wanted to give the forum a shot. I’m thinking I actually found here last time when I was looking for something else.

Again, thanks for responding.

It’s not a setting in the controller I’m familiar with… in my use I’ve always had to change the retract height and Safe Z height in whichever program I’m using. I could be wrong, but I don’t think having a sort of default setting on the controller makes much sense since your material and Gcode is always changing. I guess if it worked off an offset after setting your Z height it could work.

What software are you using? I had a similar issue once with Easel. Safe Z and retract was fine the whole way through the job, but for whatever reason the rapid movement back to the origin when the job was finished wasn’t the same. I ended up just barely catching an oops clamp but it was enough to snap the tiny and expensive bit I was running. I found out after there is a separate setting I think under the machine options for Easel…

2 Likes

I’m using vcarve pro. I’ve had my 1F for a little over one year and I made “the change” to something after seeing it on a YouTube channel right after I started running my machine. Which is why I can’t remember what I actually changed. I remember it being a simple change but what I change is now a great mystery. Any help will be greatly appreciated.