Router Bit Raising and Not Touching Surface

Hello all. I am curious as to an issue I have and not sure if it is within my settings in Vcarve Pro or within Onefinity software. I home the machine upon startup, I probe the XYZ according to spec, but when I go to run my program, the bit raises up off the material approx 3/4" and begins running the toolpath. I tried to manually zero out the bit to the material surface as well, but no luck. No matter which toolpath I run, I lifts up and begins the path. I cannot get it to touch the material. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful as I am getting my butt kicked! :slight_smile:

Could you be in Vcarve defining your Z Zero position on the table top and setting Z height off the top of your material??? Just a shot in the darkā€¦

1 Like

Holy smokes! I swear, I looked at this no less than 7-8 times yesterday and today. Z Zero position was set to the table surface and not the material surface so it was lifting up the bit to account for the difference. Made the change to material surface and it worked like a charm.

Thanks Dave! Your words of wisdom pulled through. Appreicate it!

2 Likes

Glad I could help. .75 of an inch always sounds suspiciousā€¦

image001.jpg

2 Likes