Any update on the macros?

Just curious if there is any updates on either update with macros or new firmware with it? Thank you

Hey Jesse,

I don’t think you can expect that this will be implemented into the Onefinity Controller. Generally nothing of the further development of the original Buildbotics Controller is backported by Onefinity into their fork. See here.

If you want this feature, please see here.

It’s already in development and at internal v3 at the moment.

2 Likes

Hey OnefinityCNC,

It would be excellent if I’m wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

For once, you are :stuck_out_tongue: lol

2 Likes

You are definitely wrong. I seen it with my own eyes already.

Hi guy’s have a look at Myers woodshop on facebook he as a video of it .

I went and had a look at the preview from Mr Myers. It will be good to have the buttons right up front for the macros.
But just so people understand - the way he explains it is the macros are programs you upload and run from the dedicated button.
Don’t get me wrong - that is great - it is easier to do. And a better way of storing them.
But I have been using macros all along - just with 2 extra clicks to get it started.
These are my macros I always have in the file section of the controller:
.001 JOG BACK.nc
.001 JOG FRONT.nc
.001 JOG LEFT.nc
.001 JOG RIGHT.nc
.001 JOG DOWN.nc
.001 JOG UP.nc
.250 BIT - BACK LEFT.nc
.250 BIT - BACK RIGHT.nc
.250 BIT - FRONT RIGHT.nc

Before the 1.3_ update these were always at the top of the list since they all start with a “.”
They can only be loaded by USB stick however - the “.” at the start prevents loading over the network for some reason.
With the jogs - once it is selected from the list I just keep pressing play to keep jogging in that direction. Handy for the paper method of toolsetting.

If all goes well with internal testing today, we should have a public alpha up this weekend of the macros build.

4 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

First Macro alpha firmware is now available along with sample macros:

Enjoy @Aiph5u :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes