I’ve got most of the drawing operations implemented now in pygdk and starting to playing around with some widely distributed examples. Drawing with pens for now – will start cutting once I have a bit more confidence that neither I nor the code are going to do anything overly stupid.
…and one more showing interaction with the pen changer. Yes, the post on the pen changer is about to break off – this is what happens when you crash into it too many times during testing =) – working on a breakaway mount in coordination w/ @Bob_D to solve that problem.
This example also shows an interesting opportunity to pick up efficiency by grouping all of the segments in a given color together. It’s fun to watch the machine switch colors over and over, but it would cut down on runtime and wear&tear if I drew everything in each individual color before moving on to the next instead of just running the entire design in turtle-order.
I learned programming in Logo. Baby duck syndrome means that I have kept a fondness for functional languages.
The turtle was fun too.