Assembly help - no connection to machine

I just got my OneFinity yesterday. Followed all instructions until it came to jog the machine. There does not seem to be any communication from the touchpad to the machine. When I press Y+, the touchpad shows that the rail moved 100mm, but it did not. I’m sure it is something I did when wiring, but I have checked and re-checked all the steps.
Since I am totally new to this, I am hoping it is something so easy that even a 5th grader could do it. I am obviously not smarter than a 5th grader.

Update: I tried jogging X and got some response. It made a noise as if trying to move. And it actually did move twice but then reverted back to the grinding. When trying to jog Y, there was no response. Also, I can move the X rail even when the controller and touchpad are on, but I can’t move Z. I think when the controller and touchpad are on, I should not be able to move any of the rails, right??

Wiring problem solved!

1 Like

Be prepared for many small heart attacks through out relearning process. Thankfully this forum is full of some pretty insightful people who have helped me a ton!

1 Like

Glad you discovered and solved the problem but if you were to share your OE (Operating Experience) with the group then the next person might be saved some of the frustration and delays that you had.

1 Like