Joystick Controller

Will a joystick type controller be included with the CNC’s. If not what do you recommend?

1 Like

I don’t think it will be included. It will most likely be an accessory that you can buy. This is what i’ve been using and it’s been fantastic : https://amzn.to/3jYHgix

3 Likes

I bought this at your recommendation. Now it sits in anticipation!

2 Likes

FYI, I read somewhere that the controller Onefinity is selling is made by EasySMX. Bought the same one on Amazon for $27.99

2 Likes

I got the same one as Ben Myers. It looks like the wireless version of what Buildbotics includes with their controller. It goes on sale periodically at Amazon for $30. I picked it up there along with a $10 breakout board since that isn’t included with our machines.

I also got that red one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the all-black one also from Amazon, (https://amzn.to/3bdli7y)… because I wanted it to be all black.

will confirm that the controller works with the OneFinity as soon as I put my machine together.

1 Like

lol! mine was an affiliate link too.

Ben,

I bought the controller you suggested and I just got my machine setup. For some reason the left stick will move the machine X&Y but the right stick does now move the Z-Axis at all… any Ideas?

I’ve tried changing the Dinpue Emulation Mode to all 3 options and the one with the bottom 2 Red LED’s works best (think it was option 3) but still none of the have Z control.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

-Alex

1 Like

that doesn’t make sense. It the same as onefinity sells and works fine on mine. perhaps the controller is defective?

I just put together #71 and my Onefinity supplied wireless game controller is doing the same thing, no Z control. X, Y, speeds all work. I plugged into my PC running Win10 and looking at the Device Manager/Properties/Test Buttons the controllers right joystick does seem to be working on the PC. Hmmm…so far…no idea!

1 Like

We test all controllers with a joystick and haven’t seen this issue. We’ll do some checking and see if we can duplicate the problem.
Can you and @MindOfMcClure share a little more info about how you plugged it in, what port, what settings, you’ve used?

1 Like

OK…Typical Operator Error - RTFM moment. The controller has multiple Modes. They are selected by either short press or longer hold pressing of the Mode Button with 4 LEDs around it. It must be in the Mode indicated by the 2 top LEDs being illuminated, not any other LED configuration. Presto, all axis are now available. Daaaaaaaaaaa…

4 Likes

Awesome. So glad you got it working! This is also good for us to note in the instructions! @MindOfMcClure take note of Hurdo’s response!

4 Likes

I’ll order a new one from Amazon and return this one to be sure. It’s odd the right joystick has no effect on the machine.

I’ll keep you posted on the new controller… next steps the wasteboard.

-Alex

This is the one I ordered. I like the smaller Bluetooth receiver.

Could a Rii wireless keyboard work as a joystick? I used one with my old Shapeoko.

(Upgraded) Rii i8+ Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad&QWERTY Keyboard, Backlit Portable Wireless Keyboard for Smartphones laptop/PC/Tablets/Windows/Mac/TV/Xbox/PS3/Raspberry Pi.Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCPVZDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_u7vAFb0G1TX7Y

Nope. It will operate as a keyboard and mouse on the Onefinity. If it doesn’t have joysticks, it will not jog the machine.

i tried and it wont.

Thanks. I’ll just buy a joystick/controller instead.