Before you setup your Woodworker.. an alignment guide

Hey Tyson,

thank you for sharing.

You wrote in your pdf:

(Note: this information was created based on the drawings provided by Onefinity, they are as accurate as the information provided and also assume the two side bars are equal in length. I’m only providing this as a starting guide to be helpful, your setup still depends on you.)

I remember when we were writing in the thread you mentioned above, I asked myself if it is good to use the specifications provided by Onefinity since they seem to differ, I found these dimensions on page 15 of the manual:

but at same time I’ve seen these dimensions in this this Onefinity Support posting:

You see they are not the same. My conclusion was, there is obviously some variation in the dimensions, and I would be better off with waiting for the specific machine to arrive and take the individual measurements then.

But what one can do in any case, is to draw a large right angle on the table top and align the machine later.

Also what should be considered is that the positions of the feet do not necessarily guarantee the position of the rails(!). Not only the feet can be shifted on the rails before they are fixed by the manufacturer, but also the rails and the bearings are held with set screws that allow them to be moved by a small amount sideways. And finally the feet can be twisted. All of this would speak for an individual positioning of the screw holes for the feet, individually for each machine.

There is an expression in german that says “I don’t want to pour water into your wine”. Sorry if I did it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: please forgive me!

3 Likes