Cable and Air Management

I have never not had a drag chain for my OF WW, and never any issues.
I just started setting up a laser with air assist, and I find that between the size of the extension cable connectors and all the wires that I don’t think everything will fit within the drag chain.
Those without a drag chain, what do you do for cable/air hose management to keep things from kinking, pinching, getting in the way??

1 Like

If you have a 3D printer, or access to one you can design a clip that mounts to your drag chain to run the air line with the chain, but not inside the chain.

People who run water cooled spindles do it often, same idea, just switching out the water for air.

Thanks, but I don’t have access to a 3D printer, and I also worry about the drag chain getting “clunky” with stuff hung off of it. Any other suggestions, anyone?

Hey John,

If you don’t like the drag chain extenders for additional water cooling hoses, you can add an additional cable/hose routing system. There is a simple solution if you find drag chains too complicated that you could use additionally to the existing drag chain, or simply attach some elastic band to the ceiling.

1 Like

Thanks. It wasn’t an issue of complication, rather issues of space and effort. After about 2 hours of fiddling with tweezers and screwdrivers -as well as some language I picked up years ago from a Portuguese sailor- I have managed to squeeze everything into my drag chain.

3 Likes

lol