Can I cut my max wasteboard out of a larger MDF?

Hey Kenneth,

with a Onefinity Woodworker machine, you can move the center of your bit 816 mm in X direction and 816 mm in Y direction. So if you want to cut out a piece of wood out of a workpiece, the maximum size will be 816 − 2 x bit radius mm.

You can define a toolpath for a wasteboard of maximal 816 mm x 816 mm, or it will be refused by the machine with a beyond limits error. And it has to be zeroed very exactly if it has this maximal size.

But if you go exactly to these limits, the radius of the bit will extend beyond them so the area you can mill with e.g. a surfacing bit will be this amount, one bit radius, bigger in all diretions.

For the distance of the machine’s feet from the workarea (i.e., from the maximum positions of the center of the bit), see here: Cutting area location.

Note that the workarea is not centered between the machine’s feet in Y direction. The milling motor is at a distance more forward than the machine’s feet, and is not the same on Standard Series with 65 mm mount, dto. with 80 mm mount, Elite Series with 65 mm mount, and dto. with 80 mm mount. It differs in forward direction by up to 15 mm according to model.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes