Can I get a little help here?

Is this a tramming issue?

If you can feel the steps, then yes it is a tramming issue. If you can’t feel the steps it is probably what I call combing, where the fibers in the MDF are combed in opposite directions as it cuts.

2 Likes

Check out this video on Youtube … His method works great!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will check this out.

I made a gauge like the one in the video and it is perfect however I don’t see how to adjust for tramming along the Y axis. I saw a video about shimming the router mount but that’s something I would expect if I purchased at Harbor Freight. Any thoughts?

I have used the same jig to do both the X & Y axis on my 1F Woodworker as it has the same spoilboard dimensions 32.125 x 32.125" (816 x 816mm). If you find that the pin is touching the spoilboard at the back but not at the front then you would need to adjust the spindle mount accordingly. Sometimes just a couple of pieces of aluminium foil or a thin washer will be just enough to get it perfect.

1 Like

Pop/beer cans are great for making thin shims. You can cut them with regular scissors.

2 Likes

Thanks again for all your help guys. It turns out the table my OF was mounted to was flexing in the middle. I had to take the whole thing apart and rebuild a solid table base for the OF.

1 Like