Can't remote connect to controller

My understanding is that I should be able to remotely view and interact with the controller by going to either onefinity.local or its IP address as shown on the screen. In both cases, it doesn’t work, browser just spins. The touchscreen shows that it’s network connected, and gives an IP address. The computer is connected to the same network. Is there something else I need to do to enable?

How is your controller connected to the network (wireless or wired) and what is the IP address you see on the controller screen?

Wifi. Address is 10.0.0.244. When I point the browser at that address, I see the title “Onefinity” come up, so I know it’s hitting the device, but the page never resolves.

If you’re more than 10-15 feet from your WiFi access point/router It’s most likely a poor wifi connection due to the internal antenna of the Raspberry PI inside the mostly metal controller enclosure. There are many threads on the forums here where people have resolved it with a wifi range extender located near the controller, an external USB wifi adapter or connecting it via a ethernet cable.

Most likely a weak wifi connection to the controller.

• If the controller connects one day and does not connect the next, it’s typically one of two things. First, the extender/router is too far away and the signal is going in and out (must be within 10ft and clear line of site). Move them closer together. Second, your router/extender is setting up a dynamic IP address (that changes every so often according to the routers needs, could be hours, days, weeks) and the IP address is changing. Look into setting up a static IP address (this is done with your router/extender, not the controller). More info HERE.
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I moved the mesh router two feet from the controller. I am also sitting right beside it. A ping doesn’t resolve. We are on the same network,

To test connectivity with ping you don’t use the HTTP protocol, just the IP address “ping 10.0.0.244”

1 Like