Clearing current loaded file

I’ve searched for how to clear the loaded file from memory but no luck. Anybody know how?

Just load the next one… I’m not at my machine now and don’t recall if there was a delete button

Yeah I can do that but I want to just clear the file in memory. Hate to have something loaded and accidently have a job start while doing something else.

What does this button do???

It just deletes the file on the USB stick.

How does that differ from what you want?

I haven’t been able to change screens while a job was running so it’s not going to accidently change mid-file

On the original BB controller, you cannot erase files loaded on the system… you will have to reload the system to clear saved files… Onefinity should step up on this… yep, stop leaving people hanging… you think?

Totally agree. I’m coming from using Gsender and you could just delete the job file.

Pretty sure the file is being run from the USB stick and not in memory in Masso, when you delete the file from the USB it is gone.
Pat

1 Like

If we’re talking about the BB controller, the files on the usb ALWAYS get moved to the pis onboard SD card before they are run (so they are run from the internal sd card), you could pull out the usb stick while the file is running.
The controller also always remembers the last files settings (as in showing yellow, red, or green status on the ‘toolpath’ column.), regardless if the file was ‘deleted’ from the controller drop down list of files or usb stick.
Just load a different file and the status will change.

1 Like

Is the answer the same if we are talking Masso? This is an Elite series thread… don’t all Elite series machines come with the Masso controller? I have the same question as the original from @tdwilli1. I loaded a file to see whether it would load, but I want to delete it from the Masso for fear of pressing the wrong button and accidentally running the program. I will reload when I am ready to carve.

If you are looking to do this on the Elite…

1. Click on “New” button
  2. Name the file “_clear”, underscore puts it at the top of the list.
  3. Save (You could also just put in some basic code, i.e. load a default tool, if you just want to have it say something but not really execute something that causes movement.)

I just load this file every time I am done with a job. This allows me to see no code when I am on the F2 screen. It then it shows successful loading of a file by then having content when I load/want to run a new job…

At least this is how I do it…

I just created new with the button, Named the file “_Clear” and then saved with no info. (You could potentially just put in some basic code to load a default tool, if you just want to have it execute something)
I then jsut load that file to clear it out to know that I am starting fresh…

Have you tried just removing the USB stick? That works for me if I recall correctly. I think powering off the controller also does it. Not sure any of this helps you in your situation.