Ability to stop File Processing

It would be very nice to have the ability to stop it from processing a file that was accidently loaded. Or a file that you left in the computer to use later but it’s a large file. Currently, if that file pops up (like after deleting another file) you have no choice for it to process the file to “Simulate GCode”. Depending on the file, this could be 10+ minutes of waiting just to delete the file when it is done and reload what you actually wanted. And god forbid you accidently reload that file because the touch screen was being finicky.

As a workaround for some cases like deleting a file the controller defaults to the first one in the list so you can make an empty file named 11.nc with no contents so it will always be first in the list and will process quickly after deleting a file.

2 Likes

Great work around but i also would like to see something like a load button after you pick a file. I would be an easy program change. This i know as i am an app developer .

1 Like

That’s one of the great things about the controller being open source, customize it to what works best for your workflow.

1 Like

Scott,
You can create push requests on the git hub if you implement this!

1 Like

Good idea! I’m going to set that up today.

2 Likes