Rookie mistake, but I bought a FoxAlien 4040-xe CNC 4 months ago and compounded that mistake by sinking funds into expanding it’s size and switching to a 2hp VFD water-cooled spindle. Last month, I bought the CNC xPro_v5 control box and really like it. Pretty impressive specs/features and the 32bit GRBL port is awesome!
I’m ever so close to pulling the trigger on the Woodworker X-50, but this being a hobby purchase months after the previous purchases, I’m mentally hoping for an extra kick. Looks like the spindle and CNC xPro_v5 were simply “pre-purchased” for the X-50
I saw mention of the OpenBuilds black box and how it didn’t offer more than the OF controller while losing homing. The xPro_v5 allows sensorless homing and StallGuard modes and my VFD Spindle works well with it. I can use my tablet and wireless game controller with this set-up but tend to use my laptop. I have the OpenBuild XYZ 3 wire probe and 40w/10w output Laser all working well.
It’s unlikely but anyone using OF AND CNC xPro_V5? Any insight?
- 24v - 15 Amp Input Power Fuse
- Built-in Heatsink & Temperature Controlled Cooling Fan
- Control up to 4 coordinated axes (XYZA)
- Each axis can have 1 or 2 motors each for a total of 8 motors
- Dual motors axes can optionally auto square using a home switch and independent control for each motor.
- Motor drivers can be dynamically assigned to axes, so a 4 motor XYZA controller could be converted to a XYYZ (dual motor Y axis) without any hardware changes.
- Step rates up to 120,000 per/second.
- Up to 1/256 Micro stepping (Defaulted to 1/8 for higher Torque).
- Trinamic (SPI controlled) stepper motors are supported including StealthChop, CoolStep and StallGuard modes.
- Sensorless homing can be used.
- Limit/Homing Switches with debouncing
- Up to 24v 5A switched output for coolant devices such as 24v DC pumps, solenoids, contactors, or Solid State Relays
- Configurable Relay for generic use cases (Plasma trigger, Coolant Pumps, Spindle control, etc)
- Configurable Macro input
- Z Probe (XYZ)
- Safety Door Switch
- RS485 Modus
- DAC (analog voltage) 0-10V
- Relay Based
- RC type Brushless DC motors using low cost BESCs
- Laser PWM with power/speed compensation
- Easy to create custom spindles
- Bluetooth/Serial Creates a virtual serial port on your phone or PC. Standard serial port applications can use Bluetooth. WIFI
- Creates its own access point or connects to yours.
- Built in web server. The server has full featured CNC control app that will run on your phone or PC in a browser. No app required. Telnet sending of gcode
- Push notifications (like…job done, get a text/email)
- OTA (over the air) firmware upgrades.
- SD card (Gcode can be saved, loaded, and run via WIFI)
The xPro-V5 is fully backward compatible with GRBL and can use all gcode senders.
- Easy to map pins to any functions.
- Custom machines can be designed without touching the main code.
- Custom initialization
- Custom homing
- Tool changer sequences
- Button macros (run gcode sequence, etc.)
- Custom end of Job sequence
- RTOS Real time operating system allows background monitoring and control without affecting motion control performance
- Fast boot