Credit for returned equipment

What kind of credit will I receive if I upgrade to the elite series for my returned equipment?

The price shown is already reflecting the credit you would get back.

Onefinity,
Is there a possibility that some of the returned BB controllers would be refurbished and offered at a discount from the new price for a controller?
Thanks

Returned items make up ipp machines.
Check out the faq

10-4, just wonderingā€¦

So youā€™re asking your customers to fund the charity project that youā€™re taking credit for. I think my machine is just fine the way it is.

No. And what they do with the returned components is irrelevant, and should not concern you.

The upgrade is an option offered at a reduced cost for users who want to upgrade to a Masso system - it is that simple.

I think that your machine being fine as is, and that you do not therefore need an upgrade conversion, is probably the most salient point you make.

1 Like

A little touchyā€¦ā€¦didnā€™t mean to ruffle your feathers. My point is they are taking our returned equipment and applying it to their IPP program without giving their valued customers a fair trade-in value towards the purchase price of the Elite series upgrade. You would be better off financially to just purchase a new Elite series machine and sell your old one to help offset the cost or keep it and have two machines.

Hi Foggy,

At Onefinity, itā€™s all about giving users choice.

You can:

1. keep your machine that works well.
  2. do our trade in program (that no other company does as they force you to buy a new machine to upgrade) that helps military and first responders as well as gives you a cheaper upgrade.
  3. Buy a whole new machine.

The great thing is that you are not forced to do any of the 3 but you do have the option for any of them!

Have a great week!

1 Like

Fantastic. We think your machine is just fine the way it is as well! The upgrade program isnā€™t for you!

I was not being touchy, but merely responding in kind to the tone you set when you you wroteā€¦

ā€œasking your customers to fund the charity project that youā€™re taking credit forā€ ā€¦

and wanted to give a very clear alternate opinion :grinning:

And to be fair again, Onefinity has repeatedly mentioned on all platforms that selling existing machines to fund a new one is a great way to go.

I value the discussion however. :+1:

3 Likes

I agree that we can all sell our old machines to upgrade and probably do better- if we can connect to the right customer- however- I donā€™t have the time or the close by market- to do this.- I was considering it until they agreed to include a full one year warranty on the whole upgraded system. That was the tipping point for me.- It would have been nice to have two machines available and one being the elite series- but I am not in high production mode yetā€¦so I will trade mine in on the IPP wait to see what developsā€¦ If Onefinity is true to form they will announce another - step up improvement system (ā€œThe Super-Duper Elite Monster upgradeā€) in December and give all of us early adopters of the Elite upgrade system buyerā€™s remorseā€¦ But that is the way they areā€¦ I consider all of us who bought back before the Elite system- Beta Testers for the true system (Elite- is what it should have been all along.- they just released early to get enough capitol to fund the full/real product.)

2 Likes

waitā€¦ your complaint is that the product continues to get better? man do i live in a different world.

these are how products are made - or else we would all still be driving a model T - i guess Ford should have made the mustang first.

2 Likes

I disagree with this, Onefinity took the hard road up front developing their own controller - although based on the Buildbotics controller it is its own design which would have required more R&D and capital funding up front before they shipped one unit. A far easier road would have been to use a commercially available controller like Masso but that would have increased initial cost.

I see the introduction of the Elite as Onefinity listening to the constant feedback regarding the controller and larger size in the foreman. There were some requested features for the controller like feed override that just were not possible on the BB derived controller without a major overhaul of the system (if at all)

I invested in a DIY upgrade to Masso G3 non tough that cost me about $1500 and near 20 hours of time by the time it was all done, and I still donā€™t have closed loop stepper motors, the upgrade price is reasonable for what you get and save in time creating your own. For me an upgrade to Elite is not in the picture because of the DIY status of my current machine, a second unit might be in a smaller form factor, itā€™s rare I need more than 32x32 for my projects.

3 Likes

Hey David,

You are completely wrong. When Onefinity came up with the idea of developing the Onefinity CNC machine, they looked at what kind of controller that is available on the market could be used for their machine, which they could customize to fit their machine, and that they could also sell with the machine. The Buildbotics CNC Controller was, and is, a four-axis CNC controller that was not only available at a reasonable price, it is also a CNC controller where both the firmware and the hardware were released under a free license, it is Free and Open Source Software and also Open Hardware. So with the Buildbotics CNC Controller, Onefinity did not only have a CNC controller firmware platform available that they could fork to fully customize it to fit their machine due to the free license, they were also able to develop their own version of the hardware and produce the motherboard themselves due to the Open Hardware license, which was cheaper than buying the Buildbotics CNC Controller from Buildbotics and reselling it.

The Buildbotics CNC Controller, of which the Onefinity Controller is a software and a hardware fork, is a well-done, stand-alone universal four-axis CNC controller. It was ensured by its inventor that it was only released after it had been developed to a complete CNC Machine Controller according to the NIST RS-274 G-code standard. More than that, the Buildbotics G-code is patterned after the LinuxCNC G-code syntax. The Buildbotics Controller is a new CNC Controller written from scratch. Its inventor wrote the āžŖ CAMotics 3D Toolpath Simulation Software before, and as you can imagine, in order to be able to do this, they had to implement in software any G-code commands you would expect to appear in a G-code program, and to implement a visualization of what the specific command will exactly do when running the toolpath.

Therefore, you can give the Buildbotics Controller (and the buildbotics-derived Onefinity Controller) nearly any G-code and it will run it very well and like expected.

(To be exact, you can see a complete list of the G-Code commands that are implemented on your buildbotics-derived Onefinity Controllerā€™s User Interface at http://onefinity.local/#cheat-sheet. And if you click on ā€œShow unsupported codesā€ on the bottom of the page, you can see which were not.)

See also

1 Like

Hey Derek, hey all,

I agree to this. The request for a machine with 50 mm thick, 48" long rails on both X and Y axes was finally fulfilled (took long though)

I think being able to adjust feedrate on the fly is what is the most most missing and requested feature on this controller. Here is why I think itā€™s not gonna happen soon:

And even if it would, Onefinity to my knowledge never has backported anything to their fork.

1 Like

Now who is being silly - model T to Mustang was 60 plus years. My complaint was that I bought in late October 2022 and in less than the time it took to ship it they had announced the new ā€˜Eliteā€™ model AND gave a bunch of freebies to the new buyers of my product close-out model style in November/December while completely ignoring those of us poor slobs who were unfortunate enough to buy the old model at full price - just days before the release- not even an offer to upgrade sooner than one year laterā€¦ am I bitter -yup!

Hey David,

yes that seems unfortunate :frowning:

But what I wanted to say, is what you bought is not crap. It is a serious CNC machine.

3 Likes

Hey David,

when we were looking for a CNC machine in 2021, we needed a machine that is at least 120 cm wide or deep (48") for what we wanted to do, but yet there existed no Onefinity Journeyman 120 x 80 cm (48" x 32"), nor was there any sign that such a machine would ever be offered. None! So since the price and the concept was convincing though, we bought what was available: A Onefinity Woodworker 80 x 80 cm (32" x 32"). We bought it, which means, we ordered it and paid it. After having waited monthes of backorder delay, while the machine was still not delivered, suddenly the Onefinity Journeyman 120 x 80 cm (48" x 32") was issued. Now that was a machine like we needed initially! So we wrote to Onefinity and we canceled the Woodworker 32" x 32" order and instead ordered the new Journeyman 48" x 32" machine, and paid the difference. And everything was fine (except the long backorder at that time).

Why didnā€™t you do the same when after having placed your order and paid for an Original Series machine and were waiting for delivery, when the new Elite Series machines were issued?

1 Like

HA. i was being silly. Glad you picked up on it :wink: