Default button labels

Hi Everyone.
I am exploring the idea of changing the label names on buttons that don’t get readily used, into something more useful. An example might be the “Door close” button in the upper left-hand corner. I do not have a door to close, so that button has no use for me.
I was hoping to label the button “Dust Collector”.
I have already modified the “OneFinity Masso Inch” Post processor to add an M86 Open Door command right after the M03 Start Spindle command, also a M85 Close Door command after the spindle stops.
So effectively the shop’s Dust Collector now starts and stops with the spindle, or with a button press of the “Doors” button.
BUT it would be nice to change the label on the “Door’s button” to “Dust Collector”.
Does anyone if the label change is possible or is that written in the driver software and we can’t modify that.

Allen

I would post that question in the Masso forum:

Curious why you wouldn’t use the coolant commands as this is what 1F is setup to use.
Pat

I already use the coolant commands,well for coolant.
My spindle is water cooled and the coolant pump starts with the spindle as well.

that makes perfect sense, mine is air cooled and I have tunnel vision, interested to see if you are able to reprogram some buttons, I assume in the MDI screen.
Thanks, Pat

You can not do this currently. The topic of configurable buttons/button labels has come up a few times in the Masso forum. Masso is a closed system - which some like and others not - but from my experience over the years they are very responsive to user input regarding new features and how to improve the software. I will add that, from all the discussions I have read, that seemingly simple requests hide a very complex series of software modifications that sometimes are too taxing on either the person hours available to make the change, or on available chip/memory resources. It does not hurt to ask though, which I saw you recently did in the Question and Answer section.

One thing to do is do a search for current requests, and add a “+1”, and/or make a formal feature request (but in the Feature Request section). Also, on the main website, they allow tickets for feature requests. The Masso team likes when requests provide exact details as to what functionality you are looking for.

1 Like