Designing a table for my Foreman Elite. Opinions appreciated

I’m just going to make this my official table thread to keep from creating many individual threads.

I’ve got an Elite Foreman coming sometime in the near future (waiting for them to build and ship) and I’m trying to get a head start on a few things such as the table.

Space is kind of tight where i’m going to use it so im trying to figure out how to design a table for it. I’ve seen people literally mount these machines on a wall and use them as such, I’m not saying I want to do that, but it gave me an idea.

I started drawing a table that I would most likely use in any other situation, even now if I must. Its just a normal sturdy table that would allow the machine to be mounted parallel with the ground.

The other table is one that is at 45deg. The front of the machine would be closer to the ground, around 20 inches. Its foot print would be considerably smaller. The length of the table would be the same but its depth would be around 17 inches shorter.

I don’t know if this is a stupid idea or not. It’s overall height would be much taller and therefore could be a bit less sturdy, but I could probably secure it to a wall to help with rigidity. Another thing is the MASSO display where if I can change its up and down angle enough it will be starring at the ground. I could design a 3D print an additional bracket to help with that. But when it comes down to doing work with it at 45 deg, loading 4x8 sheets etc. Do you think it would be annoying? is it a stupid idea and should I just stick with the normal flat table design?

I didnt finish drawin the 45deg table so it has no supports etc yet. Not sure if I want to waste time continuing to add to it.

1 Like

The elite wasnt designed or meant to be utilized in anything other than a flat surface.

Here’s my plans in the already existing thread on the subject Elite Table Builds - #79 by ChrisS

1 Like

Ok. Flat surface. Thanks.