Easel Pro direct to Onefinity

Hi Easel friends. I have a question regarding feed rate. In easel I created a project and asked for 120 ipm and a plunge rate of 60. When i downloaded gcode to the computer und uploaded it to OF it changed the feed to 100mm per minute. I switched it to imperial on the control (touch screen) and it gave me 3.94 ipm. what did I do wrong. @blaghislain @kevan @DMHamm or anyone else who can help me out! thank you!

At the moment and until Onefinity decide to change the default units of measure you will need to use metric. For example 120 ipm corresponds to 3048 mm/min. For some unknown reason the software is dividing the in/min by 25.4 instead of multiplying it so that is why you got the 3.94 in/min.

1 Like

I never found a way to make Easel work directly with the 1F. The web interface isn’t bad, and I don’t have to do a manual transfer so it isn’t that much of a hassle. I just download the gcode files to a folder on my shop computer and then use the web interface to upload it to the 1F. Gets to be a bit of a pain if I am doing multiple passes, but that is just the cost of doing business I guess.

1 Like

Thanks @DMHamm I appreciate the reply. Does OF keep the feed cut settings you put into Easel?

Yes. I have sped up the finishing passes significantly (since I am only taking out a tiny amount of material and there is virtually no side-cutting), and it really reduced the carving time.

Thank you @DMHamm I have to scratch my head on this one because i set the feed rate in easel but once imported to OF the rate goes to 100?? I’m sure its a setting but I just don’t know which one. Sorry to keep bothering with my issues.

Not to state the obvious, but you selected ‘Manual’ in the Cut Settings in Easel - right? You have to do that for each workpiece. Also - are you using the free version or Easel Pro? (I have Pro.)

I did select manual and I am using pro. I just made a new file and switched it to mm thinking that may solve the issue but no luck. I’m not sure if I should reach out to OF or easel or posar it as a topic here. I want to be able to run slower or faster and I’m stuck at a static feed and plunge rate.

The only thing I have left is to make sure you are on the latest update. Sorry - really don’t know what the issue could be. Good luck!

Try using carbide create (free) and creating a file with a different feed rate…if it runs correctly, you know it’s easel.

1 Like

Thank you @pootaholic so I should save and download files as metric with whatever feed I want and once uploaded to OF it will run at that speed? Is that right

That is correct. The speed & feed rate are defined when you select the tool you are going to use.

Just thinking outside the box here…
Since the OF controller sends X, Y and Z movements to the motors
and the X-Carve controller sends X, Y and Z movements to the motors
I’m wondering if an X-Carve controller could be swapped in place of the OF controller as that’s all Easel is looking for. There must be parameters to set accurate move distances in the Easel software for the different models and extra modifications available.

I’m an X-Carve owner myself but I’m not happy with the quality of the construction. The OF thrashes it hands down and although Easel is a terrible piece of software which is limited and expensive, I like the simplicity of it since it protects me from having to deal with Gcode etc (I’m a Mac user so I’m used to fancy looking UI).

I create a g-code file, save it locally, then switch over to the OneFinity web (http://onefinity.local) and load it onto the machine - all from the safety and convenience of my laptop. It’s only slightly less convenient than a direct connection - and sometimes I can re-run an existing g-code file without having to open the design software.

1 Like

This is exactly what I do and it is really darned easy to do.