Elite Foreman: Dust Collection: Dust Deputy 2.5 + Shop Vac Tested

Piggybacking onto this thread as I just came to a similar solution, except I am using the stock, z-axis-independent, dust boot for deep cuts like 3D carvings. And for $140 I got the DeWALT “Stealthsonic Quiet Vacuum” (DXV12P-QT). Both the DeWALT and my OG Shop Vac 2.5" hoses plugged right into the Dust Deputy 2.5 sitting on top of a 20 gallon Rubbermaid.

This vacuum’s performance is outstanding, collecting ALL dust, even for MDF surfacing. And, all I can say is WOW this vacuum is exceptionally quiet. I won’t attempt to quantify the results, as there are plenty of videos online with decibel meters demonstrating its quietness. However, I can attest first-hand that it’s as quiet, if not quieter, than the 1HP dust collector motor.

This and it’s considerably less expensive than a Fein and didn’t require a second mortgage like a Festool vacuum.

In order to accommodate my 80mm spindle, all I did was 3D print the 2.5" hose clamp (Onefinity 2.5 Inch Dust Collector Hose Clamp by met3_1 - Thingiverse) which keeps the hose to the side of the spindle and allows for quick detaching.

2 Likes