Elite homing switches precision

I was wondering if anyone has measured the precision of the homing switches with a dial indicator?
What what kind of deviation can I expect when I rehome?

I’m not an Elite owner but if the switches are proximity types they should have near 100% repeatablity. There are very few factors that could mechanically affect magnetic field sensors.

1 Like

I’ve measured the X and Y axis with a Startett dial indicator (0.001" graduations) on my original black box machine with stall detection sensing and the same machine upgraded to ELITE with the sensors.

Original with stall detection: +/- 0.001"

ELITE with sensors: no detectable variability

1 Like

Hey Phil,

I share your opinion regarding inductive proximity sensors. I don’t have an Elite either, but Elite uses photoelectric sensors. I think their reliability was discussed the other day but don’t find it at once.

2 Likes

Hey Mike,

by the way, have you noticed that you could make your posts much shorter without losing much of the content?

Incidentally, we have proverbs in German that say:

The way you shout into the forest, is the way it comes out.

or:

It’s the tone that makes the music.

4 Likes

Yes, very uninspiring, makes me really not want to help at all.

In my experience Onefinity’s customer service is outstanding, and I don’t think their machines are overpriced or anything else is wrong with them.

Still, if you look through this forum you will most likely find the STL files for the sensors, a few guys here have been in your place before and actually designed and printed their own

2 Likes

DEIN mund steht deinem vertand im weg

What a drama.

It took me literally 30 seconds for a google search to find the post about the sensors.

I agree with your self censorship

2 Likes