Elite Machine issue (SOLVED)

Problem was fixed most of it was user era. thank you so much to the fantastic Onefinity Support.

1 Like

You have the ā€˜dry modeā€™ enable (notice the curser in the right side flashing?) this disables z moving when running the carve. Also, donā€™t see an email in support@onefinitycnc.com. That should always be the first place you should reach out to, especially since almost no one has an elite yet so the rest of the world canā€™t help you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Set machine on dry run to keep the spindle off. First 3 times spindle was on.
FYI if you set tool to #00 it defaults to dry run
I was thinking since it was Saturday I would try here first.

Hey Joe,

(OT) naming a topic ā€œHaving a problemā€ is very disadvantageous. Usually people come to the forum to use the search function with meaningful keywords that describes their problem the best, to get the best search results at once. If you name it ā€œHaving a problemā€, your topic will match no particular problem, but apply to all people that have any problem. Since the problem is not mentioned, even if you find a solution to your issue and post it, nobody will find it.

Please always give a meaningful topic title.

2 Likes

Hey Joe,

I donā€™t know the dry mode you refer to, but as per the G-Code standard,

ā€œIt is OK to program T0; no tool will be selected. This is useful if you want the spindle to be empty after a tool change.ā€

PS: This video is not available to the public, but only to subscribed members of the platform.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Joe,
If it moves fine when homing, and it moves fine when jogging, the z is good.

It looks like you have an issue with zeroing and xy zero of you work piece, thatā€™s why itā€™s banging to the left. Itā€™s not zeroed correctly.

At the 1:06 mark you can see the xy zero ā€˜work originā€™ isnā€™t far enough right compared to what the screen preview is showing.

3 Likes

As per requested I removed video. I donā€™t have a tool changer. I was using a ball nose bit one day and VCarve set bit to #0 and it took me a while to figure out. Onefinity Elite has a dry run and it appears to just air carve your tool path

Masso added that handy feature in a more recent software upgrade - meant to allow you to quickly check the perimeters of your toolpath to ensure proper sizing/positioning/etcā€¦ of your stock. Tool #0 was dedicated to this function at this time.

2 Likes

@Aiph5u Iā€™m a subscribed member and logged in; but, got the message that the video was private and couldnā€™t see it.

1 Like

@Aiph5u Never mindā€¦read on down through the thread and saw it was removed.

1 Like

This issue has been resolved through support. Turns out the user didnā€™t zero his program correctly.

1 Like