Elite Upgrade on X-50 Woodworker, 2 Issues (solved, answer in comments)

I am using Fusion360 for modeling and post processing with the latest onfinity.cps configuration file. I did not have either of these issues before upgrading,

Cutting .55 mm shallow on every tool path, Contour, Pocket, Circular… Is there somewhere on Masso I can adjust this?

On a tool change the spindle raises up, spindle stops, Masso just stares back at me. If I press the Start button a message pops up to change the tool and press the Start button. I can change the tool at either pause. This happens on every tool change. Other than this the tool change happens as expected.

It is entirely possible this is all user error, or lack of knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you do not have a tool setter, you cannot do multiple tools in the same file. You must either:

1. use a tool setter: https://www.onefinitycnc.com/product-page/onefinity-tool-setter
  2. seperate each tool to it’s own file.

This is true for both masso elite and pro/original buildbotics.

1 Like

This is not solved, I do have a tool setter, and it is working fine. This is not a tool setter issue.

BTY, how about the other issue where the machine cuts shallow on every tool path.

Is the depth of cut of the final pass correct? If you have configured additional stock in the setup in Fusion36 it will account for that.

To be clear, I do have a Tool A Setter.

On a tool change the spindle raises up, the spindle stops, Masso just stares back at me. If I press the Start button a message pops up that tells me to change the tool and then press the Start button. When I change the tool and press the Start button for the second time on this tool change, the next tool path begins and all is well until the next M6 command when it makes me press the button twice again. Other than this the tool change happens as expected.

I use relative stock size with no additional stock . This has never been an issue in the past.

I have Fusion set to adjust the final pass based on the depth of each cut, and the total stock depth. Again this has never been an issue in the past.

I can change it to calculate a consistent depth of cut and see if that helps. It could be a Fusion issue.

Hi Joel,

Sounds like you don’t have everything set up for the Tool setter. If correctly set up the spindle will go to a specified spot and let you know what the next bit is to load/change without pressing anything. Did you: Go to F1 page, double tap the tool changer, which will bring up 4 or 5 choices, you need to double tap the Manual tool change, and that will bring up another box to specify the X and Y that you want the spindle to drive to for the tool change (I chose directly over the tool setters’ location) then save everything.
Make sure when booting up that the tool # and name on the screen is actually in the collet, as it remembers and expects the last tool loaded to be in it still. During homing, it not only homes but includes a tool setter touch off and then will stop waiting for you to load a file. Once the file is loaded and (if you don’t need the touch plate to establish where the stock is located and its’ thickness), just press rewind and cycle start and all is good. If you need to establish the zero location for cutting, just use the normal touch block and zero out your start point, then rewind and cycle start. If the tool is not the correct one for the file, it should pause and tell you to load the correct one and press cycle start again.
Overall, never change a bit unless told by Masso to do so, or it won’t work. I’m not familiar with fusion 360, but if it has a tool database, it really helps to have matching tool numbers and names in the post processors tool database and the Masso tools page too.

1 Like

I did the setup steps you mentioned when I setup Masso the first time, I will verify that it is correct.

I do have all my bits setup in my Fusion 360 tool library, but nothing in Fusion. I will add them to the Masso tool library.

I have been booting, manually setting x, y and z zero, loading the file, running the file.

I will recheck the depth of cut issue as well. I have used a Trace tool path many times with the Buildbotics Controller, it allows me to scratch the surface very lightly on Lexon(Plastic) templates. With Masso it is cutting air, this is part of the depth of cut issue.

I will do all of this later today, if time permits, then run a file following your workflow steps.

Thanks