Tool Change Walkthrough Masso

Don’t own an Elite Series yet, doing my research. Can anyone link me to a video or written source that shows the process on the Masso controller for a multiple tool path multiple tool change and what that might look like on the screen. I’m familiar with creating gCode files in Carbide Create and running a Shapeoko with Carbide Motion. I know what the on-screen commands look like in Motion, like to know what its like on the Masso for the Elite machine.

Thanks for you time…

Let me try rephrasing my question. Can anyone here with an Elite series machine tell me if the Masso shuts down the machine and prompts (pop up message or otherwise) to change tools on multi tool cut file?

Yes it does that exactly, and moves the spindle to your pre set location for tool changes and if you populate the tool table it will tell you what tool by description to load, then hit cycle start, you do need ( I Think) the tool setter to fully use this option.
Pat

Mitchells woodworking channel has lots of good videos with the Masso.

Here’s one addressing your question.

3 Likes

I just got my elite machine up and running and I am trying to process a file with multiple tool paths.

I have a tool setter installed and configured, and I am using Fusion360. I have the latest versions of the Masso, and Onefinity, Post Configuration files loaded, and I have tried both.

The gcode shows the three tools in the top comment section, and there are three separate tool paths. But there is nothing to actually change the tool.

I am struggling to understand if this is a Fusion post processing issue, a Onefinity/Masso configuration file issue, or the physical Masso Configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have the paid version of Fusion?

Yes, I do now. I used the hobby version for a couple of years and made purchase a month or so ago.

Nice.

Which exact Masso PP are you using - I think the Autodesk Rev 44115 is the latest.

That’s the one I have.

The Onefinity one is the same rev number, are they the same?

Maybe I am doing something wrong in the Fusion setup.

Life got in the way for a few days. Got it working now with the Onfinity.cps, would not work with the Masso.cps. At least not for me.

Thanks