EP3 Onefinity CNC - 3 Must Haves in a CNC Wasteboard: Includes MATCHFIT Dovetail Wasteboard System Files FREE. Includes files for Vectric and Carveco. Sizes support Foreman, Journeyman, and Woodworker!

He mentioned in the earlier feed that someone worked on the Fusion360 tool path and he will posted later, but I can not find it.

@MorganHop , would you mind sending me a quick video or picture of how you attached the wasteboard to your qcw? You said that it is on top of the tracks. But did you leave the original wasteboard between the tracks?

1 Like

@MorganHop How can I get this design set up in Carveco? Do you have those files, or can I import what you have? (Just ordered the Journeyman and Maker+)

I just bought some new MDF to set this up today. And upgraded Vectric so I can open the .crv file. Ouch more money. The DOVETAIL TRACKS .crv file opens fine, but the SURFACING .crv file was written by a trial version so Vectric won’t let me open it. Can you re-save that surfacing .crv file with a real version of 11 please?

1 Like

Morgan mention he would look into a Fusion360 version but did no commit to anything. I have not seen anyone port it over yet, but still remaining hopeful it will happen.

If anyone has a Fusion360 version that would be appreciated.

-Alex

1 Like

Has anyone completed this wasteboard in Carveco? I am completely new to this and not sure how to enter the Matchfit dovetail in as a bit into the database.

Just a reminder when clamping

Couldn’t be any closer to touching metal. By a cats cock hair as they say

I also got lucky here :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had my 1F for a couple of years now - I went with t-track but not too happy with it. Just got some MDF to swap my spoilboard for this system. Thank you @MorganHop for sharing the files.

I love the idea of using indexing pins. The ones you linked to are pretty cheap but they seem long and I noticed they’re made of steel. I was thinking of maybe trying to get something made of plastic or wood in case I crash a bit into the indexing pins… anyone already doing this? I figured I could 3d print something worst case that should work well enough - thoughts?

Ok, I saw on a different video that the pins are only used to set the piece and then you clamp. I was thinking they would be fixed during the cut and then you only need to clamp the opposite sides. I guess that technically could still work but might be a bad idea.

MDF or Plywood or something else?

I’ve changed my wasteboard for the matchfit system using Morgans files. it’s a brilliant concept and this thread is a great source of people’s experiences. I’ve made my own dovetail sliders with various thread lengths and fixings.

I made my wasteboard with MDF and I find it structurally unstable. I understand that the “pinching” action of the system negates tearing the dovetail pieces out of the track but I quickky discovered cases where the “pinching” action is not feasible.

I am now considering moving to a good quality plywood wasteboard but I am hestitating as I think flatten the plywood will give me a rubbish surface. I can and will experiment beforehand.

Anyone able to share there experiences of using a wasterboard other than MDF?

EDIT:
I did search “plywood or mdf” before writing this post and have since done more searching (it is coffee time):

MDF appears to be the goto option but I’m not happy with the strength in this context.

Plywood: I don’t see any negative or positive comments or than not as stable as MDF.

Plywood-MDF: I have never come across such a product

Bamboo: interesting thought, but expensive. Not much commentary other than it being considered. I might experiment.

HDPE: it is mentioned but not commented on other than by folk who use coolant. I would need to find a source and experiment.

Here are 3 sheet good products that you did not mention but I think are worth considering if you are looking for a superior product albeit somewhat more expensive. They are as follows:

1. MDF XBand Core Plywood - MDF surfaces surrounding a plywood core. You can see an example of this type of material being used in a Festool MFT table top replacement in a Woodpecker’s Deep Dive video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLoDxfKpHh0. Here are a couple of links with more info:
  1. Valchromat - much more popular in Europe but available in North America. I just bought a sheet to use in a 8020 Festool MFT table build. Chris at Trinity Innovations was incredibly helpful in helping me find a local plywood distributor who had stock so I could pick it up and save the shipping costs. Similar to the point above, here are a couple of links with more info:
  1. Forescolor. Similar to Valchromat, however, I don’t have any personal experience with it other than I was able to find a local supplier.
2 Likes

I like the idea of mdf on plywood. I’ll see if I can find a UK supplier.

I am also going to include cross-weave bamboo - I have a load of 14mm off cuts from a flooring job.

AndyP, if you are in the UK, I would definitely encourage you to check out Valchromat. It is a lot more available there than here. You can always ask the folks at Axminster Tools for their thoughts on it. They use it in a number of their products including as the top for their UJK Multifunction Workbench. https://www.axminstertools.com/us/ujk-technology-multifunction-workbench-for-parf-dogs-717978?queryID=c922d9d89a1e8716f58b7028782d5d13

1 Like

Valchromat looks interesting. I’ve found a source 45mins from me. I also saw the Axminister examples. A trip.to. Timber or hardware store is always enjoyable.:blush:. Thank you both.

I am interested in this wasteboard and as a newbe would love some help for using it with fusion360. i was able to import the workman file, but still learning to use fusion. onefinity is in the mail and this will of course be one of the first things I need to get setup.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

Also have a sense of peace and confidence. This forum has very talented people who will help and guide you.

I am awaiting my foreman and believe me I feel confident in tackling this new hobby with no experience all because of the amazing people on this forum

1 Like

Once someone has made the Foreman file, I would be interested!

1 Like

Any update on this as either a Fusion file or something for the Foreman? I am happy to make one if there’s a foundational file on which to build

1 Like

Me too being a newbie and figuring this out is fun but can scary especially when you want to set up your machine properly then after everything is set up right then the fun can begin by figuring out stuff