Error led to control being unresponsive

got an error the said " failed to load file - doesn’t appear to be GCode" I cleared it and said OK but now the screen says , Processing New file Please wait… Simulating GCode to check for errors, caculate ETA and Generate 3D view.

I have shut the machine down and started it up but it still says the same thing and I can not get to the setup screen or anything it just shows the same message even after a reboot.

wondering if anyone else had this problem. I have the new elite upgrade ordered but do not figure to get it till January. I looked at the gcode and it looked all right so not sure what the problem is . oh but I can move the machine in all directions with the game pad. i am lost in the middle of a Christmas gift for a person at the rec-center. any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Marcel

1 Like

Hello Marcel, did you ever get an answer to this error code?
I started to get the same error on boot up. ( " failed to load file - doesn’t appear to be GCode"). However if I cancel and home the machine all works ok and I can load and run jobs from this point on. Just wondering why the error code on boot up. Hopefully someone has an answer.

X-50 with BB controller v 1.3.1

Denny

Special characters in the file name is what usually causes this error.
Things like “+” are not allowed in the file name.
However if you were able to run the same file after reboot then it must be something else.
What was the file name by the way?

1 Like

Denny

Well My problem i had was loading a gcode file that says it wasit did not appear to be a gcode file and locked the machine… the only cure I had was to rflash the chip because it would not clear by rebooting. did it 3 times to me. but now I have upgraded my machine to the elite upgrade. so I no longer have the build botics controller.
But I did what onfinity told me to do. not sure if they know the answer.

Marcel

Thanks Marcel. Since this error message only happens on initial boot up of the machine and does not seem to cause any problems (no lockup etc) with running any programs afterwords I think I’ll just ignore it for now. If it causes additional problems later on I’ll (reluctantly) re-flash the chip.

1 Like