ERROR: Z axis position [Solved - Z slider to high, not enough room to travel down, moved Z slider to lower position]

I’m probing for XYZ and I get this error message.

ERROR: Y axis position -40.197mm is less than minimum soft limit 0mm

I don’t have any file loaded yet.

1 Like

A few questions:
Did you home your machine first?
How far away was the bit from the probe?
Have you tried turning the controller off and then back on and attempt probing again?
Let us know.

Did you home your machine first? Yes
How far away was the bit from the probe? about .25 away
Have you tried turning the controller off and then back on and attempt probing again? Yes a few time and re-homed again each time.

send an email to support@onefinitycnc.com and we’ll help you.

1 Like

Hey Frank… It looks like you are asking it to move 40.197mm beyond the soft limits. Try moving your probe location further back (y direction) and try it again. As always, if you can’t get it figured out give us a call… 1888 717 4242… Talk soon.

Its after your supported hours, goes to voicemail. I have been email support. I have not changed any settings. I have even loaded the default woodwork config.

Worked with support re-flashed the system and able to probe now.

2 Likes

@FrankP this is awesome to hear! When you say you flashed the controller, do you mean you flashed it with an updated firmware which they just sent you or the original shipping firmware?

1 Like

[Solved]
Frank had the Z slider at the highest position. The probing process didn’t have enough travel down to run. Solution was to either (a) move the z slider down in position closer to the waste board (b) stick out the bit farther out of the collet © add another 3/4 wasteboard to raise the material higher toward the z slider.

1 Like

@FrankP may I ask, were you over or under. Mine stated over but I could clearly see that the bit could have gone all the way through the material. I know the issue is user error i just don’t know where I errored.

It was showing it could not reach it. Once I moved my z mount down and was able to surface. The controller has a predetermined area if you attempt to tell it to go out side of its limitations it will let you know.

1 Like