Z axis position issue less than minimum

error planner planner.py:383 z axis position -133.54mm is less than minimum soft I while executing gcode block:g38.2 z-25 f200 at: :3
I do have firmware 1.05 (should I update to 1.06 via thumb drive?)

Hello everyone, new to my machine. I homed it and adjust my homing current to stop the studdering noise. now I want to surface my waste board down and probe touch my z. I move my z down to about 1/8" from the recessed flattened top as instructed and I get error above when I touch the probe z. Yes I have the magnet on the collet, check. yes I touched the main probe plate to bit and the probe buttons light up green for connectivity. I did measure my probe plate and had to adjust all three measurments to 15.2 z thickness and 63.2 x 63.2 for x and y. Any help would be great. My thoughts are do I need to lower my z assembly by using the other alternative holes for the hex screws. I have 3/4" mdf as my waste board fastened to my table top so the wasteboard is 3/4" above the bottom of the onefinity frame bottom feet so I have never seen anybody have this issue. installation says to use the middle setting of the hole sets when installing the z assembly.

Hello Jason - I’m guessing this is during an automatic z probe cycle? Recommend manually zeroing just above the waste board and trying again. Looks like you hit the soft limits of the machine.

-Tom

Ok thanks, it’s just funny that everyone states that you technically don’t need the waste board that you could use your table as a waste board but technically you can’t and my 3/4" mdf waste board is borderline not enough. I love the machine but some of this seems a little fishy to me… I will run a test on my oak board with the z touch probe and if the error goes away then you’re correct since my board will be 3/4" higher then my wasteboard. Appreciate the help and support.