Foreman Ordered + Wanted to introduce Myself

I placed my order tonight for the Foreman Elite and wanted to say “Hi” to all. I am new to the CNC world, but am a quick study. Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

2 Likes

Welcome to Team Onefinity!

Welcome to the OneFinity Family David!

Glad to have you,
-Alex

Welcome David, you bought the right machine!

Plan out your dust collection system, personally I am using the Fein Turbo as it is very quiet relatively speaking at 67 decibels along with the Nighthawk dust boot and cyclone setup. I also recommend the @RowdyRoman boom arm so your dust collection hose can move freely around the cnc table.

1 Like

@Auntjemimma
I am currently using a heavily modified HF dust collector. It was converted to a two stage with a bunch of other upgrades. Wish it was in the 67 dB range, but nope. Much louder, I would guess somewhere close to the 85 dB range. There is a plan for it though, I am thinking it’s own personal closet with a return baffle to recycle the air. I remote monitor the system anyway, so no big deal.

Thanks for the tip on the boom. I will incorporate one into my setup.

I too just ordered the Elite Foreman and am new to the CNC World. I can’t wait! What kind of table are you going to use?

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Sid. I plan on building a custom table that incorporates an interchangeable vertical cutting jig with a rotary. It will be very similar to the one M&S Woodworks built for his on YouTube. Due to the height of my stationary tool setter probe, I will be elevating my Foreman 1.75" on riser blocks. This will also provide clearance for a removable vacuum table I plan on building.

Welcome David and Sid. You will have fun in the cnc world. Only one suggestion is software there are a lot out there but vetric’s is my go to. I use aspire but Vcarve is great.

@Gman

I been playing around with a friend’s Aspire. His is version 10.something I think. I know it is not the newest version. My plan is to start off by using the included Carveco until I upgrade to Aspire. I am just having a little problem swallowing the price tag of Aspire especially before my Foreman arrives and is up and running…

1 Like