Has any one built a cabinet underneath the QCW stand?

Looking to get further organized. Thinking it would be nice to have a place to put my laptop as well. Would love to see pictures of what others have done to stimulate ideas. Thanks.

Welcome to the clan!

Here’s my initial workbench created a couple of years ago. I built it with a lot of storage below, including open space at the rear for things like the vacuum and waste bin(s). It also (still) has a provision for vertical clamping process which has yet to see full implementation.

It would technically be possible to fully enclose the underside area with doors and/or drawers, but I personally like the easy access as this holds many different things at any given time.

Second photo is with the newly applied QCW, which just so happens to have the center board line up almost perfectly with the split in the table, for whenever I decide to tackle the vertical clamping endeavor.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Out of curiosity, how often do you move your CNC?

I just went through a major round of updates and upgrades, including things like removing the upper enclosure, adding a spindle, and changing the dust collection process, all of which required moving the bench slightly. But since this is in my basement, I also had to move it a few months ago to get access for moving large plastic bins around. So, I would say once, maybe twice a year.

1 Like