Has anyone else considered drag chains?

It’s also worth mentioning that the plastic sleeve on the router power cord can be taken off. It is just a security device.

1 Like

Great again, any links on where you got your Molex micro 3.0mm, and at the machine end are Molex mini 4.2mm

I think they both came from amazon.

7 Likes

Great it looks obvious however I must ask did you need to add any wire extensions it looks like you’re able to do this with the existing

@muddyfeet Do you know if the Puscia Mini will print all the parts except the Rail Spacer Plate?

I can’t quite afford the Mk3.

Edit: Can you estimate how much filament I should buy?

Thanks!

You can download Prusa slicer for free and load all of them in the simulation to see if they will fit.

Yes I did. That’s why I used the 18 x 25mm dragchain to ensure that the wire extension connectors don’t bind up.

Right on thanks
Were they bought from 1f or did you go with Mr. MuddyFeet’s method?

I got the wire extensions from Onefinity. The coiled power cord and dragchain from Amazon and the dragchain connector from Route 1 Wood Design on Etsy. Links are in the video

Cool thanks for your help and the quick reply

Mitz once again amazing setup. Thank you for your purchase. I’m still mucking up ways to move the vacuum to the back but running into clearance issues.

Here is my final Y and X drag chain setup. Its made, so each individual Woodworker can decide if they need just one or both drag chain setup. Obviously when you start running more cables to the Z like laser engraver, etc. Cable management will be required to preventing wires from getting pulled, and pinched.

3 Likes

Thanks Greg. I’ll put some sketches together over next few days and will shoot it over to you.

1 Like

Tip of the hat to Greg. I ordered his Y drag chain bracket.

1 Like

@Greg What 3D printer are you using? I was looking at the Prusca but the lead time is 2 months.

Ender 3 V2. Great little unit.

Thanks!! I appreciate it!

Just ordered one! What slicer do you use?

Thanks for your help!

Cura slicer. So far the best one and super easy to use.