Have you named your machine?

I’ve seen a few people that have named their machines, and I’m starting to understand why. I’m still fired up about being a part of the Onefinity team, but when explaining all things CNC to “an outsider” :laughing: I find myself saying “…my CNC machine…” very often. I’m still looking for a name for mine, but hoping to get inspiration from others. What have you named your machine?

The Beast! Because it has done everything I have thrown at it!! Without flinching. My old Fox Alien would have gone up in smoke.

1 Like

Buddy the Elf… not really but it does make parts for me :wink:

Edit: Missed opportunity to say “and it came from up north and took a long time to get here”

2 Likes

Maple syrup instead of 3-in-1 oil ?

1 Like

Our robotics team names all of our machines (3D printers, lathes, etc).
We named our Woodworker Finn.

Very original, I know. :grin:

1 Like

My Woodworker is named Colin

Colin The CNC

I also have an Ortur laser machine which is called Connie

Connie lives inside Colin’s enclosure when they aren’t being used!!!

.I named mine “Pending In Transit” because I got an email that the shipping label was was printed 3 days ago and it still has not shipped.

2 Likes

Joey. Joey pretty much picked his own name when he outright said, “How you doin’”, when he discreetly chucked a cutout at me.

I’m also about “this close” to naming the CR-10 V3 Ross because it’s a whiny, prissy, practically useless heap of clueless junk that can’t really get anything right. Ya. Take that, David Schwimmer!

2 Likes

Bitsy

Because, why not…

1 Like

Hey Preston, hey all,

usually not. But if the controller is a computer accessible on the network, as is the case with the buildbotics-derived Onefinity controller of the Original X-35/X-50 machines, I call it by its hostname to designate of which machine I am talking. So at the moment, it is called “onefinity”.

I just used a label maker to name my machine. You may have to zoom in to see it:

1 Like

That’s the same name I have on my wallet

1 Like

I haven’t named my machine, but Against All Odds I did name the chiller for my spindle.

1 Like

i name a lot of my things

mine is.

Vinnie
a.k.a. - Vinnie “The Surgeon”
because it cuts like a boss.

My Elite Journeyman also has its own theme song. - you get it…

HI everyone if you want to name your machine you must visit site name combining.I think it is a bestest site for name anything.