Help needed with wall mount/QCW journeyman setup

I recently received my Journeyman x50, QCW and Wall mount and have it assembled and made some first cuts with it. There are a couple of things that I am having a hard time figuring out.

First one is homing in the vertical position. More than half the time when I try to home it the X axis hits the bottom and tries to continue travelling, grinding the motor until I hit the soft E-stop. If I adjust it so it starts a few inches up and a few inches over from the machine home then I have better luck, but not perfect. Any advice on this? I have read about adjusting the current, but not wanting to do this until I get confirmation this is what is needed. Any specific posts or how-tos for this?

Second is the general orientation of the wall mount which is rotated 90 degrees and this is just hard for my head to remember that x goes up and not across, especially when using the joystick/controller. Can this be remapped?

How can I see the homing position to be in the bottom left rather than the bottom right? Do I need to rotate the x or y rails? Can I do all of this in the settings with the reverse direction checkbox or some other way?

I have a bunch of other questions but will start with these for now. Thanks in advance for any advice, tips or links to specific support posts.

1 Like
  1. adjust the current.
  2. it’s not possible.

Hey makermatt,

You can assign motor 0 to Y and motors 1 and 2 to X (with “reverse” selected). Then home would be on the lower left. But if you have a Journeyman, your machine would no longer be a 48"x32" machine, but a 32"x48". The postprocessor of your CAM software would need to be adapted to reflect the altered dimensions.

2 Likes