Hitachi VFD - Any Experience or Advice?

It seems that HY is at or near the top of the list of preferred brands of VFDs and Spindles. While looking around, I found that Hitachi also makes VFDs. This one is $350 or so online, and about $225 at this link: 3 HP Hitachi Variable Frequency Motor Drive WJ200-022SF-CP Variable Frequency Drive | Variable Frequency Drives | AC 3 Phase Motors | Electric Motors | www.surpluscenter.com. Has anyone heard about or used this unit?

I was going to purchase the 65mm 1.5kw 220 volt HY kit. Now OF has 80mm support on the horizon - but my unit will likely ship before the 80mm units are actually available. It seems that the best route is a 2.2kw kit along with a 65mm spindle; or, if Hitachi is a name to be trusted, three separate units - VFD, 65mm HY spindle, and 80mm HY spindle. The pump and hose can be had separately. Any thoughts?

Jim

While I can’t speak to the specs of the unit because I’m not that familiar with VFD’s, in general Hitachi is an extremely reputable brand in both consumer & industrial electronics.

2 Likes

Hi Jim,
Did you end up buying this Hitachi and from this supplier?

Opinion on it?

Thanks

Hi Andrew. No - I bought the HY instead. It works fine.

Jim