Homing issues with Y Axis

Not sure if this has been asked/ reported earlier but here it goes:

I’ve had my machine for a few weeks and have not come up for air much sine then. A few times while rapid moving with the joypad, the x or y would stop and grind while traveling. When I let go of the controller stick and tried again, all was well and I didn’t think too much about it after that.

Today, on 2 different carves, I experienced lost steps. In the middle of a regular, good carve, the machine would go bonkers and cut way off track. Kinda crabby, I grabbed the joy pad and moved the router out of the way so I could chuck the piece of wood in the scrap bin…when it happened again…it stalled out and lost steps on y. I know it lost steps because I tried to bring it front and left (home) and it stopped short by roughly the same distance the carve was off.

I have adjusted the volts and current a little to fix the problem and and in a 9 hr carve now.

My question to you and OF is: Durning a carve, is “looking for homing voltage and current” turned off? As in, would the machine “re-home” durning a carve if the voltage/ current limits were met?

Besides this issue, I have had great luck and success with the machine.

Thanks all!