I think there's a motor defect. Please take a look

(The grammar might be weird because it was moved to a translator.)

It’s been less than 2 weeks since I got Onefinity. The z-axis motor seems to be broken.

I thought it was a simple software or grounding problem, so I verified several things, but I couldn’t catch the error, so I connected the z-axis motor to the x-axis motor and tested it, and the motor rotates strangely.

It is thought to be a defect in the z-axis motor itself.

I can’t even send a motor to Canada. First, I’m going to buy a motor from AliExpress and try to repair it.

The wire you show on your video is the X cable not the Z cable. Look like you use the wrong cable. Check your connection.

Because of the z-axis error, we couldn’t experiment with the z-axis motor, so we purposely connected it to the x-axis to drive the motor…

I believe the motor settings would be a mismatch between these two axes

The z curly cable has a cross connection in it. The x cable should not work properly.

The error message keeps popping up even though the z-axis line is pulled out, but if it’s not a motor problem, is there a problem with the software or the line???

Contact @OnefinityCNC support, they are best able to walk you through troubleshooting this.

I’m in Korea, so I contacted you by e-mail, but it needs to be the next day to get an answer. I posted a post on the forum just in case there was the same phenomenon as me…

Definitely agree with Alex on contacting support.

My initial thought is it is the driver in the control box if you are getting that error and the motor is not connected. Support should not only be able to give trouble shooting directions to isolate the source of the errors but also get you replacement parts.

Why start another thread, you already mentioned the same problem here?

100% you cannot have the x rail directly connected. You MUST use the curly cable for the z. There is a wire cross in the z curly cable…and since there isn’t one in the straight x cable, you’ve now crossed wires to the motor…which could lead to a motor failure. Hook the z curly cable back in. Hopefully it won’t give you an error. I fear you might have done damage by directly connecting the x cable to the z.

1 Like