Inexpensive controler for B axis

Do then Charlie using picsender and grbl controller we can have full rotary access
Can you suggest a grbl controller for this?

Ty Charlie
Got big favor
Can you give a list of posts I’ll need that you suggest for Mach 3

Have you seen smc 5-5 offline 5 axis controller

Charlie using the demon controller I will be able to plug into the X Y and Z Motors using the Y as the Rotary or the a this will work for rotary am I correct in understanding this

Yes, the Demon Controller board has connectors for 4 stepper drivers. They are X Y Z and A. Normally you would connect the Y and A to Y axis stepper motor drivers since there are two motors on the Y axis. This wouldn’t leave a spot for the rotary axis though. To get around that limitation you could connect both Y axis motores to the Y axis stepper driver and then the A axis would be available for the rotary. you would also need a post processor for your design software that identifies the A axis as a rotary driver and not a second Y.

1 Like

Thanks Charlie once again
Have you seen the demon offers complete controller
Will this work

Then around middle page he gives a PP for vetric

I want to purchase however I’m waiting to see what you say

Mr. Charlie I like to ask another question sir the demon offers a x and A Y 1 and a y 2 and a z also the buildbotics has the same yet the demon we can change the Y2 to use as a rotary yet on the buildbotics we cannot my question sir is are they using different grbl versions or Arduino boards Etc or my question also is why is it possible with the demon and not the buildbotics as usual mr. Charlie thank you sir

You can use the Y2 as your A axis, but you will have to disconnect Y1 since we have 2 Y-axis motors that need to be driven and with our controller they are driven by having one of them as a slave. With our controller the way it is you can use any axis as a rotary but for Y axis you will have to have 2 outputs and one of them a slave.

Well mr. Charlie please disregard my last comments as you can see in the post Rodger has developed the post processor that allows the wrapping with rotary attachment
Bravo to you Toronto Roger everyone that helps