Introducing The ELITE Foreman, a 48x48 cutting machine

all orders of elite machines. It’s about to move to 14-16 weeks…

1 Like

I do supply chain planning for a living. You have any openings for a supply chain manager so I can get those lead times down? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What is the “plug and play tool setter” that’s listed as an optional accessory for the Elite series machines? All of the other items listed as optional accessories are products that are made by Onefinity, so I’m curious about this one.

A tool setter allows for bit changes where it will probe z automatically. It’s going to be an optional add on, it’s just not ready yet so it’s not up for purchase. It should be available for purchase before Elite series ship.

1 Like

Will this be a different device than the 3 axis device already for sale?

If so, I would cancel that and wait for the newest.

1 Like

3-axis will still be the go-to to identify where your workpiece is in relation to the machine bed when starting a job. I think where the tool setter will come in handy is if you have a job that requires multiple bits it will come forward wait for the bit change and when you hit continue it will go to the tool setter and find the new z zero before continuing the cut.

1 Like

why is this? you lost me with this comment. lol

1 Like

Due to expected website traffic on preorder morning…

1 Like

some good joinery techngues for your first cuts lol

Would a full sheet of Baltic Birch (60"×60") suffice for the actual footprint. I understand it looks tight and if i have to joint boards for the top I’ll do that, but if i can slap a single sheet, I’d opt to do that instead.

The diagram looks like it also takes the motors size into account which would be important for an enclosure, but isn’t as much for the table footprint. In other words, what’s the corner support points fingernails on Y axis’s is what I’m looking for.

My question exactly. No enclosure for me and I have a unit of 18mm 5x5 Baltic birch. I wood on two sides. think you are correct that if you take the motors off the specs 60x60 would work. I think I’m going to do it and if needed I’ll add wood to two sides of my box

If it doesn’t fit on a full sheet, my idea was to use 4x4 posts joined with like 1x4s as skirts and using 1x4s to make a torsion box and put the mdf directly ontop of that… then putting a 1x4 ontop of the 4x4 and the machine ontop of the 1x4 running along the y axis with threaded inserts. I tried to draw it out, but then i remember i suck at drawing.

I would really just need to have the info a few weeks before i get mine and really the sooner the better because that would allow me to make it in my free time, so i don’t have to waste time building a table, while the foreman is still taunting me on the garage floor.
Might not be totally level, but after surfacing the wasteboard, that shouldn’t matter (I’m assuming having come from shapeoko land).

I’m liking my backup plan because i like the tnut technique and vacuuming the holes out when they fill up with man glitter can be annoying because of course the one i wanted was the one i didn’t vacuum #firstworldproblems

1 Like

What use case would adding the stiffy be best? Were there specific testing circumstances where additional rigidity was needed?

I want to buy soon, I just wasn’t sure if I needed the +$172 upgrade.

I have a Journeymam with a 80 mm spindle and if you put your hands on top and bottom of the gantry and you pull and push you can feel a small flexing of it , so I am going to order the stiffy , It 's may be the additionnel weight of the spindle that does that .

1 Like

It can very much be run without the stiffy. The deflection is almost negligible while cutting imo.
It might make a difference if you’re running the 80mm spindle with 1/2" bits but not much

3 Likes

I ordered one on 12/1, I can’t wait :slight_smile: I’ve wanted a CNC for so many years!

2 Likes

Can you confirm that the QWC for the Foreman will have enough clearance on the left and right sides to clamp down a 4x4 sheet of plywood using the t-track? I can’t tell from the available photos and info published thus far. Thank you.

I purchased the Elite Foreman and added the wired joystick to the order. Afterwards I read that the wireless one will not work. Will the wired version?

1 Like

No joypad will work with the Elite machines.

1 Like

Hi!
I was thinking if Y-axis could be flipped so motors are on same side than spindle? It would reduce the required enclosure footprint? Also if X-axis motor can be on same side as drag chain?

Already ordered Foreman to replace my Woodworker and worrying how to fit that monster into my shop. :rofl: Would like to start designing the enclosure and table for it already.

And I assume ELITE machines will use stock MASSO firmware? or is there some custom code needed?