The table build

Got the email and it’s coming tomorrow. Started on my table.

6 Likes

Looks good what are you getting? I have had my Elite foreman for 1 week now and just completed the all the setup… Soooo Good.

4 Likes

I’m get elite journeyman one box came tonight.

2 Likes

Hi Tim,
I´m also planning to buy one (48x48 woodworker pro)!
As I am metric Im having a bit of a problem with the dimensions.
What are the dimensions of your table? Looks really big!
Thanks from Vienna, Austria

It is 47 1/2 x 70. But I would go 48 x 80. Just to have the extra space. I am setting it up tomorrow I will post some pictures.

:+1:
Thanks for the info!
Hans

So i started putting it together today and 48 x 80. Wish it was a little bigger.

Mine is 1800mm x1800mm (6’ x6’) It fits perfectly!

Thanks Brian for this info!

My table also 6’x6’ and lots of room all around. This is my third CNC and I have found a lot better is you can get all around the table to clean and load jobs.

3 Likes

I’m making a table for my Elite Forman out of Baltic Birch (Multi Ply)
Takes 4 sheets. It is on 4 casters. There will be a Onefinity wasteboard frame sitting on top. The height from the floor to the top of the MDF is 34.5" which is the height of my table saw. Sharing out feed system.

I can provide Sketchup file and an optimized cutting list

3 Likes

Where did you get the 1F and Masso images to add to your Sketchup model?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/53fafc39-a479-4130-bf10-d049e598a105/Onefinity-CNC-Woodworker

https://forum.onefinitycnc.com/uploads/short-url/dU6waSybiN4iRiRlu50YfHq6QSM.skp

Hopefully this is helpful

2 Likes

I just tested the links - the second one starts a download on my computer. However you have to copy and paste it into your File Manager

Thanks! I’ve only used the free version. I may need to step up

Where did you get the file to cut the spoilboard between the t grooves?
What spindle are you using? I see it is water cooled.
With/Without VFD?
110v or 220
Is there a plug and play spindle for the onefinity journeyman pro with onefinity controller?

I ordered the 220 v 400 Hz Water Cooled VFD 80 mm spindle from PwnCNC
It is plug and play

They offer an upgrade (next year for me) for ATC system where you can reuse VFD etc.
This gives me a spare spindle (no ATC) that I can use right away.

I am a cabinet maker / curved stair case builder / software engineer by trade.

I intend to cut out cabinet parts and do some carving from existing files.

I have written a cabinet making plugin for Sketchup and a panel optimizer (C++) for Windows - works under Parallels. The panel optimizer (CutMaster) produces DXF files that can be used by VCarve Pro

BTW - I can provide you with SU 2017 (free version) files for the spoilboard cutout and the Ellite Foreman Cart.

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

your question is a little off-topic in this thread, but nonetheless: If you want to use a spindle, you forcibly need a VFD to run it, because a spindle needs three-phase current with variable frequency. That’s what a VFD produces.

A “spindle” can also mean a small, cylindrical DC brushless motor which is a synchronous motor too. In this case, the electronics similar to a VFD are integrated in the controller which runs them similarly to a VFD that runs a synchronous (pemanent magnet) motor.

I have an skp file with the wasteboard information. I’m planning on reading it directly into vcarve to produce additional boards.

I can provide 2D or 3D DXF files for the left, center and right wasteboards - these are 2D

ondefinity foreman left.dxf (3.9 KB)
onefinity foreman center.dxf (3.9 KB)
onefinity foreman right mdf.dxf (3.9 KB)

1 Like

I did the spoilboard myself using V Carve Pro. You can do this in one of two ways. Cut each board standalone or cur all together, If you cut all together then all the holes line up in both x and y But
more work to set up. I did as a standalone and the down side is the holes will not line up in the x direction
Y direction OK… I am OK with that as I like to be able to replace one board if needed. Each board is like 48" by 5.75" then you just mount one board then a t - track, next board etc.

I am using a VFD 2.2Kw 110v 80mm ER20 Water Cool spindle from Amazon, like $300.00
The Spindle is awesome with my custom water cool system.

Elite Foreman that is working GREAT.

Spoilboard has inserts, Dog Holes, and T-tracks just gives you so many options.

3 Likes