Larger machine?

Interested in your machines after seeing a friend that bought one. Are there any plans to introduce a 48" x 96" cutting area?

See this discussion.

1 Like

I was quite literally about to come here and beg Onefinity for exactly that. I have an X-50 Journeyman and yes, I can cut down the plywood into 1/3 sheets to use, but everything I want to do needs a full 48x96 cutting capacity and “tiling” just introduces a pain in the flow that I simply won’t bother with in most cases.

I want to use a machine to cut furniture or very large signage. Multi-part cuts simply won’t really cut it (no pun intended)… That leaves me looking at/for other options such as a SmartBench Pro, Lockwood 4800 (which also uses Masso), or something like an Avid CNC but honestly where the Avid CNC is concerned, I still have nightmares of trying to piece together even my first Ender v3 3D printer so the assembly idea is daunting…

Onefinity has the perfect machine. It just desperately needs to be larger…

Wayne

1 Like

There are certainly a lot of people who would like to see an 8’ machine. One pretty serious concern with a machine this size is lead screw whip as the Y axis approaches the far ends of travel. Most decent machines with this length of travel opt to utilize rack & pinion drive. This is not a bad option, but it doesn’t really lend itself to Onefinity’s ecosystem.

2 Likes

We have 12ft ball screws at my work on some machines, but they are 3in diameter and weight 500lbs. Not feasible for a hobby machine