Issue with new Controller Build v1.0.9?

Well I am beside myself.
I lost several hours of machining to what I believe to be an issue with CNC Controller v1.0.9 and nearly damaged a tool in the process.

The issue lies in the offset function.
After a software e-stop trigger I reprobed XYZ and attempted to put in an offset.
The controller was set to imperial, and I was putting in a new z-axis value. But rather than take my input as inches… it turned it into millimeters.

video here:

after i attempted to switch to metric and input to establish an offset of .2mm, it plunged clear through my board. one more attempt and the clearance height was now below the surface of my board and the tool dragged across the surface.

Does anyone else’s new software build (v1.0.9) have this issue?
I can replicate the issue after startup prior to homing, and after a software e-stop trigger.

I noticed in your video in the 4th column that all your axis are UNHOMED. The issue you are having may be related to that. I had a strange issue when skipping homing at boot as well. I posted about it on the firmware update thread, but it seems to have disappeared.

I had already homed the unit. The controller will say “UNHOMED” if you have probed XYZ.

Homing and zeroing are different things. I don’t probe XY and Z so I may be wrong, but for me that column turns green and says HOMED after homing and stays that way when probing Z

1 Like

It goes to unhomed after estop… Not zeroing

As @Hermsen.BJ says, (and this caught me out as I rarely get estops, if I do it is when I have a duff probing session (bad conductivity)).

After estop you need to rehome all axis (house icon) then reprobe x, y, z.

1 Like