Issues incorporating a badge/patch onto a flag

Good day,

I am attempting to put a police patch or badge onto a thin blue line flag. I am currently using Vectric Pro. The issue I seem to be running into is with the vectors not joining/closing to flow the piece together so that when I do a pocket clear it goes around the patch.

I have been doing research and am not quite figuring out what I am missing. If you need more information please let me know.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I’m pretty sure that if you enclosed the text “St. Paul Police” on the inside of the badge outline, your problems will disappear.

Melissa, you will have to create a boundary around your text and image and then trim the flag lines using the boundary vector. I think this video will be very helpful how to this properly. Happy carving

1 Like

First thanks for your feedback!

Second, I think I figured it out. I welded the outside line of the St. Paul Police patch and then added another line over that. I am not sure that is the best way, but it seemed to work in the application.
I’ll have to see how it works on the machine soon!

1 Like

I will watch this video later and see if there is something else I can do.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Yes the video helped!

1 Like

MapleHickory
When I do this, I use the layers in Vecrtic Pro to separate out all of the cuts… Make your first cut, then do a separate cut after that… and so on… this is how I do complicated end grain inlays as well…

Hope this helps

1 Like