Journeyman wire management

Hey John,
They call me Greg, thanks so much I’ll be printing these in a minute, God Bless

Hey Greg,

(OT)

you can create a link this way: After you’ve clicked “Reply” or “New Message”, you are in the message compositor window, there you can click on the little symbol that looks like two chain links. Then appears a popup with two fields: In the upper field you paste or drag an internet address like the one in your address bar or like you get when you right-click on an internet object and do “copy”. And in the lower field you type a text that you want the link to appear as.

If you want to know more about the functionality of this forum, write a New Message (a blue “New Message” button in your profile page) to the user named “discobot” (with any subject, it’s a bot you write to), and in the message field you write “start tutorial” or “start advanced tutorial”. You will then be addressed by the forum’s bot that leads you through some messages that present different features of the forum and makes you use them.

1 Like

Thank you once again

I wouldn’t extend any cables but replace with longer ones. The less connection the better

2 Likes

Just finished my wire management project. I’m someone who loves things to be organized so I can’t possibly oversell how happy that second picture makes me.
Drag chains from Amazon. Y Drag Chain mount and extension cables from Route1 Wood Design, Boom arm files from Rowdy Roman, PwnCNC mount file from PwnCNC, USB Hub from Amazon, needed an extra M5 screw from Home Depot. In total, cost me about $100, maiinly because I have access to a 3d printer.

1 Like

I think the thing that has stopped me from getting a Journeyman QCW rolling frame (aside from the insane $950 delivered price tag) has been my growing OCD with cable / wire management.

Indeed, I am struggling with the decision over whether to just bite the bullet on the QCW, or build a Fisher-style folding table for mine. I need the garage space desperately.

Right now, I have it on a homebrew 72 x 50 inch table, but that’s taking up too much space. The good part of the existing table is that all my cabling is 100% squared away. Looking for ideas and solutions though, always.

Wayne

1 Like