Lightburn for cad

Hi, Im buying a Onefinity journeyman but without the masso controller. This because I need to wall mount it and IF says Masso controllers do not like vertical. Now Im looking at cad programs. Yes I can use Carbide Create or the pro version.
I am an experienced laser user (Have 2). And use Adobe Illustrator for many things. I then open thge file in Lightburn. Lightburn is GREAT. One feature is that you can save part of a drawing file in an Art Library. You can see the images and searc on the file name too.
Sorry for the long preamble but I lkooked into Lightburn to see if it works with CNC and it says YES. For me that would mean that I have immediate access to all MY ART.
Below is how it works.
And So… Does anyone use Lightburn with/without Carbide Create.
Here is what Lightburn states.

ChatGPT

Certainly! Here’s the response for you to copy:

Great! LightBurn is a popular software primarily used for controlling laser engravers and cutters, but it can also be used with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines for routing, milling, and carving tasks. Here are some general steps for using LightBurn with a CNC machine:

1. Install LightBurn: First, make sure you have LightBurn installed on your computer. You can download it from the official website and follow the installation instructions.
  2. Connect CNC Machine: Connect your CNC machine to your computer. This usually involves connecting via USB or through a controller interface.
  3. Configure Machine Settings: In LightBurn, you’ll need to configure the settings specific to your CNC machine. This includes setting up the correct machine dimensions, origin, and communication settings. You can find these settings under the ‘Devices’ tab in LightBurn.
  4. Create or Import Designs: You can create your designs directly in LightBurn using its drawing tools, or you can import existing designs in various formats such as DXF, SVG, or AI.
  5. Toolpath Generation: Once you have your design ready, you’ll need to generate toolpaths. In LightBurn, this involves setting the cutting parameters such as feed rate, depth of cut, and tool type. LightBurn will then generate the toolpaths based on your settings.
  6. Preview and Simulation: Before sending the job to your CNC machine, it’s a good idea to preview the toolpaths and simulate the cutting process within LightBurn. This allows you to check for any potential issues or errors.
  7. Send Job to CNC Machine: Once you’re satisfied with the toolpaths, you can send the job to your CNC machine from LightBurn. Make sure your machine is properly positioned and ready to start the job.
  8. Monitor and Control: While the CNC machine is running, you can monitor its progress and make any necessary adjustments from LightBurn.
  9. Post-Processing: After the job is complete, you may need to perform post-processing tasks such as sanding or finishing depending on the material and desired outcome.

These are the general steps for using LightBurn with a CNC machine. Keep in mind that specific details may vary depending on your machine and workflow, so it’s always a good idea to consult the user manual for your CNC machine and LightBurn documentation for detailed instructions.

Lighturn can create designs and output gcode for laser only.

You can export the svg (vector files) made in lightburn to any other CAD program to create toolpaths for cnc parts.

You will need some CAD cnc router specific software to use the Onefinity with bits.