Looking for recommendations for a er20/2.2kw/220v/80mm starter spindle

Hey Dan,

I think in technical matters, one should have no prejudices against chinese products. There are High quality chinese Spindles and cheap chineses spindles.. You could however refuse to buy chinese products because it destroys your western industries and chinese workers have no humans rights, may be emprisoned for political opinions, are not allowed to found unions and you can never be sure if they aren’t political prisoners or inmates of forced labor camps for racist reasons. But you would hardly be able to own an electronics device then. I am lucky to buy Made in Germany Kontron PC motherboards for all my PCs. But generally most components are made in China today.

German and Italian spindles have the best reputation. There are a lot of German spindle manufacturers, and most of them offer pre-programmed VFDs, spindle cables, and control cabinets assembled ready to use. I imagine the CNCDepot Made in USA is good also. If you want a VFD made in the UK, buy the Invertek Optidrive E-3. At least one forum member runs one. It supports sensorless vector control.

1 Like