Loosing X home position X50 Journeyman

Having issues with OF X50 Journeyman losing X home position while burning a photo Gcode created with Lightburn. It only happens with photo carves. X axis will run part of the burn and then chatter and jump 5 inches to the right. when returning to the XY origin it will be off 5 inches to the right from where it started. I have run long runs with laser burning with no issues. I have eliminated all extension cables and removed all wires from drag chains and run them different directions to the controller to eliminate EMI. I have returned jerk settings for X axis back to factory default. I have unplugged router and dust collector to eliminate them. This also happens when doing a dry run without the laser connected. This does not happen when carving with the router and is always only the X axis on a photo burn only.

Thank you for your help, Rob

X50 Journeyman Version: v1.2.1 LightBurn J-Tech 24W Quad Laser

I am curious to know if you have had any luck finding out what the issue is? I have been cutting and engraving fine for quite some time now but 2 nights ago, I experienced something very similar. I used the machine all day making smaller cuts, also using Lightburn. I started a cut in the evening much larger than all previous cuts, bottom line was 20" straight across, left to right. The top was shaped so there wasn’t straight travel. During the cut on the straight line, from right to left, one of the motors would studder for second but would keep cutting straight. However, it never stopped because it lost its X and Y homing positions. I thought maybe I missed something so I homed and reset up the cut. It would continue to do it in the same position each time. I figured something was wrong in my file so I deleted that line and created a new one. This time I reversed direction and it cut fine across the top and back down but after getting into that straight line, it did it again. I dissected that line into 4 different sections and it worked fine. The next night I would start a different file with similar build, same size and it would lose home again. Broke that line up and it worked fine.

Brad,
Support has emailed you your specific answer. Please check your email.

Still not solved but I think I have a direction to go. I think that my problem lies in the picture file itself. I don’t think that is large enough or quality enough for the burn. The picture was sent using SMS text so the file itself was resized. I am going to try this weekend with a picture that has not been previously resized. I was able to burn two other picture files with no issues so I know the machine and Lightburn can do it.

Problem solved, apparently you cannot burn an image with LightBurn and Onfinity that has been sent using SMS text. The SMS will automatically resize the image and cause problems in the finished code. I re-did the image burn with the same image that was sent via Email and it worked flawlessly.

2 Likes