Machine "stuttering" with Lightburn

I decided to start this thread as I first posted in the firmware update. This is not, as far as I can tell related to the firmware update at all.
To recap; when using Lightburn with Jarvis, stucki, or ditther options the machine “stutters” (the best description I can think of) as though something is binding up.

I have changed scan angle from X axis and ran it in the Y axis, but had the same problem, just now it was on the Y axis. I have tried several different photos, and settings in DPI as well and even trying to scan at a 45 degree. I took the same photo and through it at Vetric as I have their laser module and set to ditther with the same line spacing and ran that file with zero problems.
I have reverted to the previous firmware, then back to the newest firmware as that was not the problem.
I have at this point proven (to myself at least) that the problem is not the machine, or the photos. I sent an email out today to Lightburn support with a copy of the gcode file that Lightburn made that was giving problems. Now to wait for a reply.

Hey Rick,

You might want to check out this video posted by the 1F team.
I remember reading a post on this forum with a similar issue as to
what you are having. I believe there was a problem with too slow
of a speed setting or mm to inches mixed up.
I hope this video helps you out.

Cheers,

Neil

1 Like

Didn’t know about the updated video. Thanks!
I gave it a watch, but doesn’t help.
I had been running at 35 and 40 inches per minute with out issue, now there is issue. I have been burning tiles. Even switching to metric to try and make sure there was no conversion issue did not help. I went back out this evening and tried at 70 IPM, but had the same problem.
Using the Vetric Laser module set for ditthering at 40 IPM for speed I have zero issues. I reduced the speed in Vetric down to 30IPM and it ran with no problems. It seems there is something here that I am missing, but for the life of me I just cant figure it out. I’d be happy to try and send one or two of the files I am using to see if anyone out there can figure it out, or see if it is just me missing something.

I am having the same issue, the only way I can get mine to work is by making the file smaller. By changing the DPI. However, that’s not the way I’m wanting it to look, if you find anything out, please let me know.

I think I might have an answer. I think it might be a RAM (memory) issue with the laptop being used. Mostly not enough RAM. I have a little stand alone laser, the D1 from Xtool that I also use. Using Lightburn I noticed that I was getting stuttering with it as well on some files, but if I lowered the DPI it would stop stuttering and run properly. My leading theory right now is the higher the DPI, larger the file, the laptop is running out of RAM and struggling to keep up. I am going to try this out with an older laptop but with more RAM to test it out sometime in the near future.
Keep in mind, I may be completely wrong about this. lol. This is just my theory.

I load my files with a jumbo drive. But I think that’s the problem