Machine cutting, everything stops. Resets X,Y,Z to zero and says the machine in not homed

Everything worked ok yesterday. Doing the same cut today. Started the machine, homed the machine. Set up the project and started carving. Part way through the second pass in the pocket the machine stopped, (router still running) machine reset X,Y,Z to zero and showed on the screen not homed. Tried a second time, almost same spot the machine did it again. Any thoughts

Hey dnelson,

I would check all points one by one to see why your carriage does not move anymore in the middle of the axis.

Furthermore, should your machine not be properly rectangular (“squared”), the Y movement can block.

What firmware version are you on?

OnefinityCNC [1] Onefinity Support Leader
February 25

Good afternoon,
I’m using 10.504. I shut everything down, unplugged everything.
Plugged everything back in, used a new thumb drive and made three cuts
and so far everything is working as it should. I had mad a 2.5 hour cut
yesterday with no issues.

Thanks for the reply. Will let you know if I have any other issues.

Daryl

What firmware version are you on?

Well, don’t know what the issue was. Shut everything down, unplugged everything and plugged everything back in. Loaded the program onto a new thumb drive, ran the program for 3 cuts and no issues. So far the problem has corrected itself. Don’t know what caused it but so far everything is running as it should.
running 10.504

Hey Daryl,

I think @onefinitycnc meant the Onefinity Controller firmware version, not the Vectric version :slight_smile:

Right you are. 1.0.9 is the firmware.

Sounds like EMI if that’s the case.

https://forum.onefinitycnc.com/search?q=emi

1 Like